It’s #HeartHealthMonth, and it is appropriate to discuss the Heart of Your Business!
Whether you are a novice or an established business owner, the heart of your business is what gives it a pulse…a rhythm unlike any other. It is that pulse that is going to drive success.
Women are creating businesses at twice the rate of men—making 36% of all businesses in the U.S. now woman-owned. Maryland has outpaced other states with the most female-owned businesses per 1,000 residents.
With business in multiple states of development and success…that means one thing! Women need a GPS to guide themselves and sustain the business’s pulse. February is Women’s Heart Health Month and the ideal time to examine your strategies for a healthy heart and bottom line. A GPS is nearly constant in our lives and offers a sense of direction. Let’s take those letters G – P – S and apply them to a healthy business and a healthy heart:
Goals – we must have them to succeed
Process – we must follow a process to reach our goals
Systems – without a system in place, success would be limited
What can you, as business owners, do right now?
Ask yourself these questions and then act:
1. Are you doing what you love, and why?
2. Do you create value and solve problems?
3. Do you use networks and resources to ensure best practices?
Whether you’re a novice or a seasoned professional, using a GPS will offer peace of mind that minimizes stress, reduces blood pressure, eases mindset, and maintains a steady pulse. It will also provide goals, processes, and systems that will lead to your success! To get started, set your GPS and follow your heart!
- List three questions to reach the heart of your business
- State one modifiable lifestyle factor that you can change now, leading to a healthy business
- Discuss the connection between the pulse of your heart and the pulse of your business